Settlement initially began in Clarkson in 1806, shortly after the first Mississauga Purchase. Among the first settlers were Bradley, Greeniaus, Hammond, Jarvis, Merigold, Monger and Thompson Family.
The Community was named after Warren Clarkson who was one of the first settlers in the 1808 at the young age of 15, and in 1819 he built a house and a farm. The house still stands and is believed to be one of the oldest surviving buildings in Mississauga.
Warren Clarkson and his family made a their footprint in the neighbourhood. They became entrepreneurs and operated a General Store and ran the community Post Office. They farmed fruit particularly apples and strawberries and became known as the strawberry capital of Ontario.
In 1855 the Great Western Railway built through the area and the station was called “Clarkson’s Corner”, later shortened to “Clarkson”.
Clarkson contains many heritage building including the Bernares Historic House and the Bradley Museum.
Click Here For Listings In Clarkson